Producer - Six experimental animations for UK-wide exhibition and international screenings
Silent Signal is an ambitious interdisciplinary project that I produced from 2013 to 2017 having secured funding support from the Wellcome Trust and Garfield Weston Foundation. The project was devised with scientist Bentley Crudgington and Gary Thomas at Animate Projects.
We brought together six artists and six scientists to make new work that explores the signals that enable our bodies to operate and adapt to fight disease. Together the works raise questions about what our genetic code is, how our immune system functions, how disease is spread, and what the future impact the research into these areas might be for us all.
The project toured the UK and internationally throughout 2016 as both a gallery exhibition and single screen programme. Exhibition and outreach partners include: QUAD, Derby; Vivid Projects, Birmingham; Central Saint Martins, London; Wellcome Genome Campus, Hinxton; Life Space Science Art Research Gallery, Dundee; and Imperial College London.
- Lumen Prize 2016 Moving Image Award for AfterGlow
- Visual Science Award from Imagine Science Abu Dhabi 2017 for Loop
- 2nd Place in the Professional Documentary under 10 minutes category at the Raw Science Film Festival for Loop
- Special Mention: Best Animated Documentary at the Factual Animation Film Fuss 2016 for Loop
- Commendation at the Imperial College London Collaboration Award for Societal Engagement
- Longlisted for the NCCPE Engage Award